Central Nebraska Public Power & Irrigation District delivers irrigation water to more than 109,000 acres on the south side of the Platte River between North Platte and Minden and also provides supplemental water from Lake McConaughy to irrigation projects serving more than 100,000 acres along the North Platte and Platte Rivers. Central generates electricity for homes, farms and industry at four hydroplants, one at Kingsley Dam and three on Central’s Supply Canal. Central employs around 100 individuals and provides a great work environment where employees can experience diverse jobs in a close-knit, caring atmosphere. We offer excellent compensation and benefits including:
- Market competitive salary
- Continuing education/tuition reimbursement
- Deferred compensation plan with employer match
- Defined contribution retirement plan with employer match
- Family dental and vision care plans
- Family health insurance coverage
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick leave
Central is looking for an Electrical Engineer to perform engineering duties to keep existing generation, supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA), communications and control and related facilities in excellent operating condition. The Electrical Engineer must work well with others and will enjoy a wide variety of work and time spent out from behind a desk. This position is located in Holdrege, Nebraska and will report to the Engineering Services Manager. Essential job functions include:
- Designing or developing specifications for design by others for the maintenance of, improvement to or capital addition of the District’s electrical facilities.
- Providing support for maintaining and improving the District’s SCADA system and communication facilities.
- Providing support for maintaining compliance of North American Electric Reliability Corporation regulations.
- Providing support for complying with Environmental Protection Agency/Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality regulations at generation facilities.
- Providing engineering support for the automation and control needs in the irrigated area.
- Working closely with the Hydroelectric Operations Supervisor to ensure all needs are being met for the safe and reliable operation of hydro generation facilities.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or related field or equivalent.
- Valid Nebraska driver’s license.
- Works well with others.
- Able to analyze information.
- Seeks solutions to problems and makes reasonable decisions.
- Enjoys working with numerical data and performing calculations.
- Actively seeks opportunities to learn about new things. A reasonably quick learner.
- Willing to split time between the office and the field.
- Takes a long-term approach.
- Able to interact with and engage others.
- Has leadership and management potential.
- Communicates effectively in both written and oral communications, including public speaking and presentation skills.
- Likes having responsibility for big decisions. Self-confident.
- Ensures work gets done.
- Makes sure deadlines are met.
- Performs detailed work with engineering drawings and specifications.
Please use this link to complete an application and submit your resume: https://goo.gl/bDYHTu
Central Nebraska Public Power & Irrigation District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.